Sunday, October 26, 2014

Malachite Pumpkin

Hello!

For whatever reason, I just have not been in the fall decorating spirit this year (...and fall is my favorite season!!)  I think it's because this summer was SOOOOOO nice and I'm in denial that WINTER IS COMING (GOT-style).  I usually at least decorate some pumpkins and display them around the house and outside.

I was not interested in decorating AT ALL until this:

malachite pumpkin diy 3
A MALACHITE PUMPKIN tutorial?!?  How could I not at least attempt this!?

For those of you who are not familiar with with malachite, it is a beautiful vibrant green mineral that has beautiful light and dark green free-form rings like so:
Polished Green Malachite Slice OOAK
via FenderMinerals
Isn't it bold and beautiful?  I'm a sucker for anything green.  In the last couple years it has really become a design trend as well.  Need proof?
via Traditional Home
 photo DSC_0399.jpg
via Little Green Notebook
Doesn't it add a great pop of color?  I picked up this tray a year or so ago:

I sort of used Jenny's tutorial (the desk DIY above) when painting my pumpkin and here is how she turned out:

























I love the little pop of color she adds to my mantle.  What do you think of the malachite trend?  Is it something you'd try?

Later this week I will share more photos of how I warmed up my living room for the fall season!

Emily

2 comments: